Level 4 Diploma in Business Information Technology
Equivalent to Year 1 of a 3 year UK honours degree
Level 4 Diploma in Business Information Technology (QCF)
The Level 4 Diploma in Business Information Technology (QCF) is NCC Education’s International Diploma in Business Information Technology. The diploma equips you with fundamental skills and knowledge in IT, preparing you for further study or enhancing your professional development and employability within the IT industry. The programme is equivalent to the first year of an IT degree programme in the UK university system.
You will be given the opportunity to develop essential thinking and study skills in IT and business through a balance of academic and vocational subjects. You will be able to contribute to the development of computer systems and networks, databases and websites in a business context, whilst also developing an awareness of business needs. The programme will allow you to understand and enter the IT and business profession with the necessary knowledge expected within the industry and the ability to apply the skills to a range of IT-related functions.
On successful completion of the programme, you will be able to embark on NCC Education’s International Advanced Diploma in Business Information Technology, which is equivalent to the second year of a UK Bachelor’s degree, transfer to a university or pursue a career in the IT industry.
On entry you must have at least ONE of the following:
• NCC Education International Foundation Year (IFY), International Certificate in Computer Studies (ICCS) or International Certificate in Business (ICB) qualification.
• An international qualification which is deemed to be of a similar level to the NCC Education IFY, ICCS or ICB programme. This must be agreed with NCC Education in advance.
• At least one A-level pass or an appropriate School Leaver’s certificate.
• Mature students need to demonstrate over two years’ relevant work experience and also hold O’ level/GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.On successful completion of NCC Education’s International Diploma in Business Information Technology you will be able to fully demonstrate a clear understanding of computing systems. You will also gain a solid foundation and a breadth of knowledge in business which will allow you to implement effective strategies for research and lifelong learning.
You must study the following eight core units:
• Skills for Computing – provides the essential skills for a computing student (study, presentation, report-writing and data handling). Not only will this unit prepare you for successful outcomes in your studies, but it will also provide you with skills that can be applied in the workplace.
• Computer Networks – networking and communication skills are vitally important in today’s connected world. In this unit you will develop a good understanding of basic theory, but will also develop useful practical skills.
• Computer Systems – addresses the development of practical skills in the configuration, maintenance, fault-finding and trouble-shooting of modern computer systems and develops knowledge of computer architecture.
• Designing and Developing a Website – develops practical skills in website design by providing a detailed understanding of markup languages, style sheets, design techniques and testing.
• Databases – provides thorough training in practical techniques of the design and development of database systems together with developing a sound understanding of the underpinning theory.
• eBusiness – gives you the opportunity to examine how organisations can use all aspects of eBusiness to create new products and services, reduce the cost of existing business processes and improve the efficiency of their operations using typical revenue models.
• Essentials of Management – covers the principles and functions of management, teaching you the key elements in planning and decision-making and the significance of different controls required in an organisation.
• Understanding Business Organisations – provides an introduction to the objectives, roles, functions and various forms of business organisation as they adapt to a dynamic and changing environment, and also considers information and technology in regards to efficiency and performance.Assessments for all units are offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year. All units are assessed by both examination and coursework assignments.NCC Education’s International Diploma in Business Information Technology will be awarded when you have successfully passed all eight units. A unit is passed when an overall mark of 40% or more is achieved. You can resit units if you need to but this must be done within three years of your first assessment in the programme.The programme is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time learning.The programme is taught face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars and laboratory sessions, by NCC Education’s Accredited Partner Centres.NCC Education is regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator) to award the Level 4 Diploma in Business Information Technology (QCF) in England. Ofqual Qualification reference number 600/0624/9.
The official name on the certificate will be Level 4 Diploma in Business Information Technology (QCF).